✅ The Basics:
Location: This position welcomes all applicants in Portugal or Serbia
Interview Process: 2-3 hours, including a screen call and one interview
Reports to: Tiago Alves, CTO
Help us plan, create and optimize our application architecture, so we can improve our CICD flow and establish a great infrastructure.
🔍 What we're looking for:
- No degree needed, soft skills* are the degree you need
- 3+ years of experience in a DevOps/Cloud Engineer role
- Experience working cross-functionally in a fast-paced startup environment
- Orchestration of different services using GCP, AWS
- Knowledge and experience managing Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong familiarity with Git distributed version control system;
- Strong familiarity with Infrastructure-as-Code using tools like Terraform;
- Experience in database systems;
- Familiarity with monitoring and central logging technologies (For example ELK stack, Prometheus, Grafana, etc.);
- Analytical skills for debugging and optimization of infrastructure
- Working in a SaaS environment is a plus
- Experience with GCP is a bonus
- Not an asshole
- No ego
- Excellent communicator
- Bias for action
- EQ - Would you google it?
- Work with the development team to plan and optimize the application infrastructure
- Create and setup tools that improve our continuous integration and delivery flow
- Monitor GCP Projects and identify areas we can improve performance
- Identify areas where we can reduce GCP cost either through optimizing the infrastructure or the application code
- Make recommendations for changes to the GCP Project configuration
- Use APM tools to analyze application performance and identify areas of improvement
- In the event of downtime: Be available to correct the issue
- Write Root Cause Analysis's whenever we have issues so we can share them with our customers (You must be able to own this process from beginning to end and work with our developers/project manager/whoever is necessary to get the answers you need to create an accurate RCA)
- Post incidents and their resolution on our status page
- Work along with our other IT personnel and make recommendations / assist with improving our infrastructure
🏅 How we'll measure success
Make high-impact changes to production environments with the confidence of having a deep understanding of how the system works making the infrastructure reliable and scalable in a great collaboration with the team, so we can continuously deliver value to our customers.
🎓 About tymeshift
We are a diverse, distributed team with offices (which are presently closed due to the pandemic!) in Lisbon, Portugal & Novi Sad, Serbia. We're on a mission to make WFM simple for support teams using Zendesk and we aim to enjoy the ride as much as the destination.
INCLUSIVE & LOVING IT!
We’re 100% inclusive, and that’s incredibly important to us. With everything we do, our team is supportive and accepting of everyone in every interaction we have. We embrace each other’s unique qualities, and yours as well if you work here. It’s our policy to hire awesome people, and we don’t discriminate based on any legally and non-legally protected statuses (like religion, race, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, etc.). Actually, we even encourage it.
Questions? Take a look at the recruitment process or ask us anything: careers(at)tymeshift.com